How long has it been since you did something out of the ordinary to show your husband you love him? It doesn’t have to be much – just a little something to let him know that you still love him!
1. Go to a sporting event with him. You expect him to go to all kinds of social outings with you, but when was the last time you went to something he wanted to go to? Go the extra mile and plan ahead of time to get the tickets and surprise him. Tell him that you have plans for the night his team plays and that he needs to keep it open. Won’t he be surprised to find out just what your “plans” are!
2. Get him a little treat. It doesn’t have to be something big, just a little treat to let him know you were thinking about him. You know how much you love it when you get flowers or chocolate? Well men like getting little treats too, you just need to know what your husband likes.
3. Make his favorite dinner. It is said that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!
4. Give him a card. Whether you know it or not, most guys do appreciate it if you get them a card and write a sweet little note in it. I was a bit “iffy” on this, but I went ahead and got my husband a card recently and he LOVED it!
5. Listen to him when he wants to talk. He has ideas and wants to be respected for those. Show interest in what’s important to him.
6. Let go of the little things. Men hate when their wives nit-pick at them. Remember that love can cover lots of faults! Instead, focus on what he does right and tell him what you like, love, and respect about him. Men have big egos and need to be respected especially by the women they love. Men are more vulnerable and easily hurt then we think. They may seem all tough and “untouchable” but deep down they are very vulnerable.
7. Let him know he was missed when he comes home from work. Set the tone. Chances are he had a stressful day at work and he doesn’t need you to bombard him the moment he gets home with your problems too. Greet him with a hug and a kiss, tell him you love him and missed him. Let hem unwind and relax, give him a back rub or scratch his back. There will be plenty of time later for you both to talk about the problems of the day if needed.
8. Make time for your husband. Life can get busy taking care of a house, children, work, and whatever else you are involved in, but always make sure there is good quality time for your husband. Let him know that you need him and you need time with him.
9. Notice what he does for you. Thank him for working and providing for you and your family. Tell him that you are proud of him for things he does and who he is.
10. And number one on his list… Plan a night of intimacy just for him. Clean up the bedroom so it is calm and stress-free, light a few candles and slip into whatever it is he likes and take it from there!